This dish is a recreation of dishes I love ordering at one of my favorite restaurants! The recipe for the Salmon is adapted from that of my fabulous food blogger friend Sabrina at TheBeesKitchen.com! The Mushroom Salad is from a source in Nobu’s own kitchen! The String Beans are my own! Enjoy!
For the Salmon:
In a preheated 450 degree oven, roast salmon fillets seasoned with salt and black pepper about 5 minutes, uncovered! Meanwhile…..prepare your miso in a bowl….
- 2 tablespoons white OR black miso
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- (optional) sesame seeds
Mix well in a bowl, after the salmon has roasted 5 minutes glaze the fillets with the miso and place back in the oven another 8-10 minutes.
Next……the Mushroom Salad!
- 4 cups Spinach or Arugula or Mesclun
- 1 package White Button Mushrooms
- 1 package Cremini Mushrooms
- 1 package Shiitake Mushrooms
- a handful of Oyster Mushrooms
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- the juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper, to taste
Place the green leaves in a large bowl and sauté all the mushrooms with 1 tablespoon of olive oil until they’ve completely wilted but haven’t dried out!
Mix the dressing ingredients (1 tablespoon olive oil, Soy Sauce, Lemon Juice and Garlic) in a bowl.
As soon as the mushrooms have finished sautéing pour them, still hot, over the green leaves and add the dressing. Mix immediately! The hot mushrooms should wilt the green leaves slightly. Top with Black Pepper. Enjoy!
Finally…….Roasted String Beans
- Trim and rinse as many String Beans as you like
- Season with Salt and Black Pepper
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 cloves garlic, minced
- (optional) Add the zest of 1 lemon.
- Mix well (by hand is best) and roast, uncovered, in a 450 degree oven about 15-20 minutes…..mixing periodically so the string beans don’t burn.
- As soon as the string beans come out of the oven squeeze the juice of one lemon over them and mix!
THAT’s IT! A restaurant quality dish at home! ENJOY!!!!